Boson 1.2.8 (Mac OS X)
Boson is a modern and easy to use audio editor optimized to make full use of your Mac's power. With Boson you can record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Boson is your best bet!
◉ Easy to Use (for beginners and pros alike)
Boson is easy to use and beginner friendly. The included manual features an easy to follow introduction to audio editing and recording and the "cook book" section gives step-by-step instructions on how to perform the most common tasks (like creating a MP3 file or recording music from a website and much more).
◉ Highest Quality Possible
Boson uses a heavily optimized editing engine that operates on 32bit sample values. That's why with Boson you can apply effects without fear of introducing any artifacts or errors.
◉ Battery Friendly Recording
Boson features an optional low power mode which saves up to 80% battery power during recording. Ideally for when you want to perform extensive recording tasks out in the field without an outlet in sight. Once this mode is activated Boson will keep CPU and GPU utilization to a minimum.
◉ 100% Retina Ready
Boson heavily uses Core Animation to achieve a smooth 60 frames per seconds when drawing wave forms. Even on Retina Macs! Gone are the days of jerky scrolling and zooming.
Supported File Formats (reading and writing):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo history is saved with workspaces.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 96khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Many built-in audio effects (see list below).
• Fully Retina compatible user interface.
• Features a high contrast color mode.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB, FireWire Audio or Thunderbolt device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Low power consumption mode for long recordings on battery power.
• Quick switching between recording and playback devices with just one button press.
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Swap Channels
• Invert Sample Values
• Generate Silence
• Generate Sine Wave
• Silence Detection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Detailed and easy to follow manual included
• Support by email
Download Boson Express now and immediately see great results!
Important: This is the "express" version of Boson Audio Editor. This version is fully functional except that it can only export 10 seconds of audio to non-native file formats.
OS X 10.10 or Later