Artstudio Pro 1.3.4 (macOS)
Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both macOS and iOS . The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
Multiple open documents
Canvas size: 256Mpix
27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
Masks, clipping masks
13 adjustment layers: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White and more
9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
27 blending modes
Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of the stylus.
Brush size up to 4000x4000
64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
Brush editor with 80 customizable settings
Over 100 built-in brushes divided into a few groups: Painting, Sketching, Markers, Inking, Dots & Specks, and more
Symmetric painting with custom symmetry line
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
13 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment (list above)
4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
Image resize with 5 interpolations: Nearest, Linear, Cubic Smooth, Cubic Sharp, and Cubic Sharper
Crop using special tool, crop from selection, trim transparent areas
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF
Brushes - ABR, TPL
Color swatches - ASE, ACO
Patterns - PAT
Gradients - GRD
Fonts - TTF, OTF
Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF
Full iCloud integration
All features available on macOS, iPad and iPhone
Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
Here is the biggest update so far! Enjoy!
1. ADDED PERSPECTIVE GRID
• 1/2/3 Points modes
• choose View>Show>Show Perspective Grid to show it
• choose View>Perspective Grid Settings... to configure perspective points and line density
• Perspective Assist (View>Snap To>Perspective Grid Assis) - use it to constrain drawn strokes only to perspective lines
2. NEW ADJUSTMENTS
• added Gradient Map adjustment and new 'Duotone' gradient group - for creating artistic duotone photos
• added Selective Color adjustment - adjust color globally, in ranges of hues or in dark/neutral/bright areas
• improved Hue/Saturation adjustmet: added 'Colorize' switch and option to apply changes only in specific hue ranges
3. NEW FILTERS
• added advanced Denoise filter (Filters>Noise>Denoise)
• added Perling Noise filter (Filters>Noise>Perlin Noise...)
• added Clouds filter (Filters>Render>Clouds...) - with Difference and other blendings, Seamless mode and more
• added Wind filter (Filters>Stylize>Wind)...
• added pressure sensitivity to Elastify
• Added option to disable Interpolation in Twirl, Pinch, Circle Waves and Polar Coordinates filters
• now Filter>Apply Last Filter works also with Elastify filter
• added Mirror (flipped) view (View>Mirror or Cmd+Shift+M)
• now layer/effect blending is updated immediately when moving mouse over blending modes
• added shortcut for Smudge/Blur/Sharpen tools ('D')
• added shortcut for Edit>Clear (Command+Delete)
5. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
• added drawing real-looking Smoothing Rope when using brush with Smoothing value > 0
• added Constant Paint dynamics (to use with Wet Paint tool)
• added Smooth setting to Lasso tool
• improved brush scattering in painting tools
• improved loading Raw photos, now app asks to load Original or Proceeed image
• Fixed glitch when clipping mask is using not-normal blending
• app works much faster with large canvases containing a lot of groups
• fixed parsing layer names containing Chinese characters in PSD
• fixed loading masks from PSD
• sometimes layers could not be moved when some other layers had 'Lock Position' enabled
• minor improvements in View>Grid Settings...
• fixed dragging guidelines with Move tool when adjustment layer is active
• Magic Wand and Bucket Fill work faster
• sometimes loading image/layer from clipboard was not possible
• many other small fixes, improvements and optimizations
- OS X 10.7 or Later